- Proper board set-up & piece placement
- Algebraic Notation - Chess Language
- Basic Principles of the Game
- What is a real price of each chess piece?
- What is the difference between checkmate and stalemate?
- Basic openings, and simple middlegames and endgames
- How chess pieces interact with each other
- What is a blunder?
- Why we trade pieces?
- Elements of tactics
- Strategy and positional game
- Fitted Chess openings for each player
- Middle game planning
- Endgame technique
- Simultaneous displays
- How to solve chess problems and compositions
- How to use a computer in chess preparation
- Exchange sacrifice
- Open file
- Weak squares and diagonals
- Wind mill and other elements of tactics
- Dragon variation, King-Indian Defense and other sharp opening systems
- Who is Magnus Carlsen? What does it mean to be a world champion? Can I beat him?
- How to beat your chess program
- 16 world champions? How did they play?
- Great chess personalities and examples of their creativity
- Blindfolded chess. Can you do it?
At the end of the camps, there will be a team-based chess competition. Every kid is welcome to participate!